alfie lee writing

 

This must be the place

At my wake i dream,
ghost about and try
as i might, make only

minimal impact. I repeat
the same tasks over,
more frantic with each

attempt. When i
speak, words stillborn
in my throat choke

at cords and die
without proper
pronouncements.

The people i meet barely
acknowledge my presence.
They brook no walls nor

gravity nor premise. Mother,
wife, lover, or more, at once, a
procession of enemies i've kept

close to every other person i have
not met, yet, mutable
all, as i am deliberate

and vague. They have me only
in so far they exist
in my head. I

am no cause for effect
and it is always getting
late and i forget and i forget

that. And i dream i dream i go
back to bed and fall
and jolt and shake

my shackles reflexing
my own knee
jerk against my self in stead.


~

*note to "This must be the place"



                                                               

home           new           poems           stories           index           about           stuff           speak           share on facebook



for art by alfie go to alfieleeart.com
for music by alfie go to alfieleemusic.com
for graphic designs by alfie go to alfieleedesign.com

all writing, artwork & music on this site
copyright of alfie lee
& may not be reproduced in any form without express consent

Powered by Blogger