alfie lee writing

 

a realist poem (alert to its own impulses)

in my dreams i am a wizard
with my hands making love
out of cardboard and rubberbands

i have a way with animals
and little children a bond
effortless and unspoken

in my dreams i hold my own
breath to avoid the electric
chair and smoking jacket

i close the books phoned
in and sentimental recycle the ashes
phoenix my own

in my dreams girls like me
who never get a chance to
love to hate to knew romance

i ditch all additional baggage
to fire being only fibre
and water and garbage

in my dreams i sing you a song off
key starbursts lately
toing and fro

rock a sleep soundly sow
in this brow grow
verses versus all i am wont to know



                                                               

home           new           poems           stories           index           about           stuff           speak           share on facebook



for art by alfie go to alfieleeart.com
for music by alfie go to alfieleemusic.com
for graphic designs by alfie go to alfieleedesign.com

all writing, artwork & music on this site
copyright of alfie lee
& may not be reproduced in any form without express consent

Powered by Blogger