alfie lee writing

 

Out of this world

When you finally stopped
clinging to appearances and
cancer took a hold of your

face, forced its distortions,
beat you senseless, balloon blue, swell
and swallowed you up, left your body

caved to the tunnel at the end
of the light, what was left to do but
sing? Nothing. Not

of this world. You
no longer speak to me.
So i might as well just

leave. You no longer mean to me.
I'm not of this world.
I've got one foot

out the door and I won't be
coming back for more.
I'm out.

Of this world no longer.
The firmament is due, is rent.
Backward falling is Time, bent.

No. Love. Lost. Still.
Nothing ever is what i meant.
I'm not here to fucking reminisce.



                                                               

home           new           poems           stories           index           about           stuff           speak           share on facebook



for art by alfie go to alfieleeart.com
for music by alfie go to alfieleemusic.com
for graphic designs by alfie go to alfieleedesign.com

all writing, artwork & music on this site
copyright of alfie lee
& may not be reproduced in any form without express consent

Powered by Blogger